Trinity Episcopal Church announces new Priest-In-Charge
July 19, 2015
Today, it is with great joy that Trinity Episcopal Church, Janesville, 409 E Court Street, announces the call of the Rev. Kathy Monson Lutes to be its Priest-in-Charge. She is married to her husband, Rick, and they have two adult sons. She was born and raised in the greater Minneapolis area, and prior to entering the ministry had worked as a public school teacher. Rev. Kathy has been Rector of St. Andrews Episcopal Church in Rapid City, South Dakota for the past twelve years. She has been active in the national church and Rapid City community and is looking forward to her ministry in Janesville.
Rev. Kathy exhibits a patient thoughtful manner, is a good listener. These traits will become evident in her self-described role as a “bridge builder”. She also exhibits the following attributes in her life and actions:
- Passion for Christian Formation of youth and adults,
- Energy and integrity to commit her full effort in leading Trinity,
- Emotional and spiritual maturity,
- Skilled preacher connecting the scripture to everyday life,
- Committed to Outreach and increasing the presence of Trinity in the community through partnership with other organizations, and
- Experience in pastoral care.
Rev. Kathy and her husband Rick will be moving to Janesville in the near future. Her first Sunday of preaching and celebration of the Eucharist will be September 13th. Everyone in the congregation and community is invited to join Trinity in celebrating the good fortune, prayers answered, and blessings received resulting from the call of such a top notch pastoral leader. Let's strive to fill the church and welcome the Lutes family to Trinity, Janesville in a spirit of warmth and love. Praise be to God.
You may reach Rev. Kathy at email(rev.kathy [at] trinityjanesville [dot] org)