Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee – Haiti Project
The Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee-Haiti Project is an outreach ministry of the Episcopal Church in southern Wisconsin. It is a partnership in mission and community development with the people of St. Marc's Episcopal Church, School and Clinic in Jeannette, Haiti and the people of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. Together we seek to respond to Christ's call to use our skills, time, money and God's love to make a long term difference in people's lives.
For many years, individuals from Trinity have sponsored a child (or two) at St. Marc's School in Jeannette, Haiti, the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. We are striving to continue this tradition to help the children of Haiti.
This project is commited to:
- Foster independence and self-sustaining programs in Haiti
- Help Haitian teachers provide the best possible education at St. Marc's School
- Help the community by providing additional medical services, construction, teacher education, and community builders
Since this partnership begain in 1986, the Haiti Project has helped:
- Establish St. Marc's School
- Open St. Marc's Clinic
- Provide continuing education to teachers
- Helped improve sanitation conditions
- Establish a nutrition program for the children
- Started the Gift of Water program to provide clean drinking water
Please visit the Haiti Project for more information and to learn how you can help.